Steps We Are Taking to Keep You Safe
In these uncertain times, your safety is our utmost concern. You may be hesitant to seek medical care, but rest assured that we are uniquely positioned to deliver high-quality care while minimizing exposure to infection.
Gastroenterology Associates of Fairfield County is a controlled space, staffed by providers who understand and have experience in managing infection and disease. Providing exceptional infection control precautions is simply a daily way of life for us.
Please be aware that we are taking further steps to ensure your safety and comfort.
Step 1: Our Patients
- We are taking extra precautions to pre-screen patients via phone PRIOR TO their arrival at the office. We are rescheduling any patient who does not meet our strict health guidelines.
- Patients will need to wear a protective covering over the nose and mouth, such as bandana, scarf or homemade mask.
- When the patient arrives, call 203-292-9000 and a staff member will come to the door to escort the patient into the building. The patients will be advised to use hand sanitizer prior to entering. All patients will have their temperature and oxygen level checked PRIOR TO entry.
- Tissues and hand sanitizer will be available in the waiting room.
- Patient escorts will be asked to wait in their cars unless they are needed to answer questions.
- If a patient escort needs to enter the office, they must undergo the same health screening patients will be subject to and follow all applicable center safety measures.
Step 2: Our Staff
• All office staff will undergo daily temperature and oxygen level checks and be screened for symptoms of illness.
• Clinical and business staff will wear surgical masks at all times.
•Social distancing measures have been implemented. This includes:
- limiting the number of patients in the office at any given time
- spacing out chairs so they are at least six feet apart in the waiting area
- minimizing patient touchpoints
• Visitors will be prohibited unless absolutely necessary.