- Wesleyan University, BA
- Cornell University Medical School, MD
- New York Hospital Cornell Medical Center (Internship and Residency)
- National Institute of Health (NIH) (Bethesda, MD; GI Fellowship)
- Yale Medical Center (GI Fellowship)
- Rich entered the practice when it was still an internal medicine group with some GI emphasis, and participated in its evolution into a state-of-the-art gastroenterology subspeciality practice with an in-house ambulatory endoscopy center.
- His professional interests include the diagnosis and management of acute and chronic gastrointestinal disorders, and the endoscopic procedures related to this endeavor.
- Diplomate, American Board of Internal Medicine
- Diplomate, Subspecialty of Gastroenterology
- National Board of Medical Examiners
- American Gastroenterological Association
- American Society For Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
- Fellow, American College of Physicians
- Fellow, American College of Gastroenterology
- Magna Cum Laude, Phi Beta Kappa, Wesleyan University
- Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society, Cornell Medical School
On a Personal Note:
- Rich is an avid skier, but he is not going downhill yet.
- “Being a physician runs in my family. I am a happy and willing product of environmental determinism.”