- Quinnipiac University, MPS, Health Services Administration
- Quinnipiac University, BA, Psychology
- Quinnipiac University (Yale New Haven Medical Center), AS, Cardiopulmonary Technology
- Johns Hopkins University/Coursera Certificate: Data Science Specialization
- Joe is responsible for the ongoing operation and development of the practice, pathology and anesthesia services as well as the ambulatory surgery center.
- Joe has worked in health care for over 40 years. After 17 years in hospital management and administration Joe became the Vice President for Operations in a practice management company and then the owner of a consulting firm setting up and advising over 20 medical practices. He then became the administrator for several large practices including Radiology, Urology and Pain Management.
- Since joining Gastroenterology Associates in 2003 he coordinated the design, creation and development of The Endoscopy Center of Fairfield.
- Medical Group Management Association
- American Gastroenterological Association
- Connecticut Association Ambulatory Surgery Centers
- American Statistical Association
- American Statistical Association - Health Policy Statistics Section
- AGA Managers Advisory Group
- CAASC Legislative Committee Chairman
- Volunteer Facilitator and Mediator for Community Mediation
- "The Data Driven ASC - The Need For Data Literacy", Presentation at Becker's 23rd Annual Meeting: The Business and Operation of ASCs, 2016
- "Physician and Staff Burnout", Presentation at Becker's 23rd Annual Meeting: The Business and Operation of ASCs, 2016
- "Data Analytics in the ASC", Presentation at Becker's 22nd Annual Meeting: The Business and Operation of ASCs, 2015
- Engel, Joseph, (2010) The Art of Negotiating Payor Contracts, In Effective Management of the Gastroenterology Practice, (pp. 39 – 49) AGA Center for Practice Management, AGA Press.
On a personal note
- One of Joe’s favorite quotes is “Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted” – Albert Einstein