- State University of New York at Oneonta, 1988, BA
- Brown University School of Medicine, 1997, MD
- Columbia-Presbyterian Hospital/Columbia University
- Emil is a general gastroenterologist with particular interests in diseases of the liver and malignancies of the gastrointestinal tract.
- Diplomate, American Board of Internal Medicine
- Diplomate, Subspecialty of Gastroenterology
- American Gastroenterological Association
- American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
On a personal note:
- Emil enjoys spending his free time with his wife and two young sons.